Get involved in the Jill Stein / Cheri Honkala presidential campaign!
The Green Party presidential campaign is gaining ground, with Jill Stein and Cheri Honkala criss-crossing the country and their national campaign team growing. We've had two visits by Jill to MN, resulting in the formation of new campus Green organizations and the rebuilding of some Green Party local infrastructure.
With six weeks left until the election we still have many opportunities to educate voters about the campaign and to build the Green Party. There are several ways to get involved:
- Yard signs -- Contact us for individual lawn signs. You can also order lawn signs (in batches of 10) directly from the Jill Stein for President campaign, by going to http://www.jillstein.org/stuff.
- House parties -- Direct conversation is invaluable. If you'd like to host a house party for your friends and neighbors, start by going tohttp://www.jillstein.org/how_to_host_house_party. We can also help you by sending a packet of campaign materials (literature, buttons, donation forms, etc.).
- Phonebanking -- The campaign is regularly reaching out to let people know about upcoming events or to ask for support. Making phone calls is quick and easy, and you can do it from your own home.
- Flyering/doorknocking -- We've got campaign literature and our Sunflower newspapers available for distribution in your neighborhood.
- Events -- Fall is Minnesota is full of festivals and fairs. Minnesota volunteers will be tabling at certain events, and if you want to be on a contact list of volunteers ready to help out, just contact us. Here's an example list for this weekend (Sep 21-23): http://www.facebook.com/download/275014105948478/MNEvents%20Sep%2021-23.pdf
- Writing -- You can join a number of Minnesota volunteers who are spreading the word by writing letters to the editor for their local newspapers, or articles for online publications.
- Contribute -- You can always help by sending in a contribution to the campaign. Just go to http://jillstein.org/donate. Jill and Cheri don't accept donations from corporations or PACs and rely entirely on contributions from citizens like you!
These are just a few ideas of ways you can get involved in the campaign. If you would like to get involved or if you have other ideas, don't hesitate to contact our volunteer coordinator Liane Gale (email@example.com) and let her know how you'd like to help.
You can also join the Facebook group for the Minnesota campaign to ask questions or share ideas at http://www.facebook.com/groups/jillsteinforpresident.
Finally, our team in the Twin Cities is meeting weekly for the rest of the campaign to check in and coordinate our efforts. Here is the schedule for the next two weeks, in case you can join us:
- Monday September 24 -- Golden's Deli in Saint Paul - 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Monday October 1 -- Location TBD in Minneapolis - 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Thanks ahead of time for all your help, and we look forward to hearing from you!
-- Jim Ivey, firstname.lastname@example.org, 612-860-7316
-- Liane Gale, MN Volunteer Coordinator, email@example.com